Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Book Review: Fixing Delilah by Sarah Ockler

SYNOPSIS:
Things in Delilah Hannaford's life have a tendency to fall apart.

She used to be a good student, but she can't seem to keep it together anymore. Her "boyfriend" isn't much of a boyfriend. And her mother refuses to discuss the fight that divided their family eight years ago. Falling apart, it seems, is a Hannaford tradition.

Over a summer of new friendships, unexpected romance, and moments that test the complex bonds between mothers and daughters, Delilah must face her family's painful past. Can even her most shattered relationships be pieced together again?

Rich with emotion, Sarah Ockler delivers a powerful story of family, love, and self-discovery.


MY REVIEW:
Well, this is my new favorite book... I just loved it. Just like My Life Next Door, this is a fantastic summer read! I enjoyed this book way more than I thought I would. I was so interested in it form the beginning and I couldn't put it down. I'm pretty sure I finished it in two days. (Looks like I'm back in my reading mood!) I loved Delilah and thought she was such a strong character and was so smart with her actions. I also loved Patrick. He was so hot and smart and sweet! Oh my gosh. Although their relationship moved a little fast, it slowed down and caught up to speed with the book. I didn't like Delilah's mom until the middle to the end-ish because she was so secretive, but then I was a fan. I just thought this book had so much character development and the story was just so well thought out. I recommend this for a summer read or a contemporary! My rating was a 5/5 stars! 

No comments:

Post a Comment