Sunday, January 5, 2014

Book Review: Dare You To by Katie McGarry

SYNOPSIS:
If anyone knew the truth about Beth Risk's home life, they'd send her mother to jail and seventeen-year-old Beth who knows where. So she protects her mom at all costs. Until the day her uncle swoops in and forces Beth to choose between her mom's freedom and her own happiness. That's how Beth finds herself living with an aunt who doesn't want her and going to a school that doesn't understand her. At all. Except for the one guy who shouldn't get her, but does....
Ryan Stone is the town golden boy, a popular baseball star jock-with secrets he can't tell anyone. Not even the friends he shares everything with, including the constant dares to do crazy things. The craziest? Asking out the Skater girl who couldn't be less interested in him.
But what begins as a dare becomes an intense attraction neither Ryan nor Beth expected. Suddenly, the boy with the flawless image risks his dreams-and his life-for the girl he loves, and the girl who won't let anyone get too close is daring herself to want it all....

MY REVIEW:
Holy shitness. I freaking loved this book. It was just as good if not better than Pushing The Limits. I read this book on my Kindle so it didn't take me long to read. It was also my first read of the New Year! Good way to start off right? Anyway, I loved this book. At first I didn't like it because Beth kept swearing at her own uncle, but then I understood where she was coming from. I felt so bad for her because of her home life but then she was always considering getting her mom. Like, wth!? You complain about having a shitty home life but then you continually want to go back to it? But then I ALSO understood that her mom gave up her father to take care of her. Which, hello, you should always take care of you children before your dumbass husband (in her case). I also didn't like Ryan's mom and dad. I'm glad Beth forced him to go talk to his brother. He never would have if she didn't push him to do it. How can you side with your jerk of a dad when he doesn't let you visit your brother? Especially when he probably needs you to help him get through this? What kind of girl are you?! I'm glad Ryan hit him because, my god, if he didn't do it, I would have stopped reading the freaking book! I loved Ryan and Beth's relationship. I knew how their attitudes would change towards each other. That part I totally saw coming. It was just a light, fun read. I also didn't like the parts when Beth kept saying all guys are the same, everyone leaves. I get that now after Ive read it. She has never had anyone to actually stay in her life before. I liked how she and Scott made up though and how much he cares for her. I cant wait to read the third book! I NEED IT! I gave this book a 5/5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment