Sunday, December 15, 2013

Book Review: Wintergirls by Laurie Halse Anderson

SYNOPSIS:
Lia and Cassie are best friends, wintergirls frozen in matchstick bodies, competitors in a deadly contest to see who can be the skinniest. But what comes after size zero and size double-zero? When Cassie succumbs to the demons within, Lia feels she is being haunted by her friend’s restless spirit.
In her most emotionally wrenching, lyrically written book since the multiple-award-winning Speak, Laurie Halse Anderson explores Lia’s descent into the powerful vortex of anorexia, and her painful path toward recovery.

MY REVIEW:
WHAT. THE. HELL. My heart is just completely shattered over this whole book. This is why I never read books like this. I hate when people die in books and then the main character is getting through the death. I don't like drug use books or disease books like this one. They are so hard for me to read because things like that can really happen. People are going through real life problems and diseases as I'm reading this piece of fiction. It was extremely hard for me to continue this book. I finally just sucked it up and finished it. I love Anderson's writing and how much detail she used. That's what made me scared half the time. Ugh. I cant even type words to make you understand my feels. Other people who enjoy stories like this will fall in love with this book. These books are just not my cup of tea. (Even though I have 2 more books like it on my shelf to read...UGH.) I gave this book a 5/5 stars. I don't even know why. I loved it but then hated it at the same time. I don't even know if I'm making sense...  

No comments:

Post a Comment