Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Book Review: The Beginning of Everything by Robyn Schneider

SYNOPSIS:
Golden boy Ezra Faulkner believes everyone has a tragedy waiting for them—a single encounter after which everything that really matters will happen. His particular tragedy waited until he was primed to lose it all: in one spectacular night, a reckless driver shatters Ezra’s knee, his athletic career, and his social life.
No longer a front-runner for Homecoming King, Ezra finds himself at the table of misfits, where he encounters new girl Cassidy Thorpe. Cassidy is unlike anyone Ezra’s ever met, achingly effortless, fiercely intelligent, and determined to bring Ezra along on her endless adventures.
But as Ezra dives into his new studies, new friendships, and new love, he learns that some people, like books, are easy to misread. And now he must consider: if one’s singular tragedy has already hit and everything after it has mattered quite a bit, what happens when more misfortune strikes? 

MY REVIEW:
ALL THE FEELS, GUYS. So, in the first chapter, I was a little scared that this book wasn't going to be good because of how he told the story. But then the next couple chapters were freaking amazing! I absolutely loved the humor in this book. I was seriously laughing out loud. I just loved Ezra and Toby's jokes and puns and ugh, they have the perfect bromance. Can't even deny it. This book reminds me of Looking For Alaska by John Green and Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli. I loved the adventures they went on and all the fun they had. I would definitely want to be part of their group! Except for a couple people. I was in the zone reading this book and then I got to the last 80 pages last night and I couldn't even stand the book. I knew how it was going to end and I totally didn't want to continue, but I sucked it up and did. I read parts in the book during the beginning and middle that told me exactly what was going to happen and ugh, I'm so pissed still thinking about it. The life freaking struggle!! I really liked the story before the end and was going to buy myself a copy considering the one I had was from the library, but no. NOT ANYMORE! That ending made the decision for me. I would recommend this if you like Looking For Alaska, Stargirl or Perks of Being A Wallflower. Overall I gave it 4/5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment