Friday, September 27, 2013

My Little Piece of Heaven!

So, if you know anything about me, you should know that I love doing two things in life: reading and cooking. LOVE LOVE LOVE. I also love the movie Julie and Julia which is also a book on plan on reading very soon. (If you don't know what Julie and Julia is, I will link things related to the movie on the bottom of this post.) I will be (hopefully) attending culinary school next year and fell in love with Julia Child. I wanted my own copy of her book that was featured in the movie so I just wrote a general post about it on my Facebook. I get home yesterday from and theres a package for me. I was like "ooooohh! Maybe I won a book from a giveaway I entered!" But it was bigger than a normal size book so I thought I might have won a kindle or electronic reader device. I open the package and slide out this enormous book and its like freaking Christmas morning! I got the book pictured in this post. The one and only Julia Child's "Mastering the Art of French Cooking" with Louisette Bertholle and Simone Beck! My aunt and uncle ordered it online and had it sent to my house! I have already tabbed a couple recipes I wan to try but that's all I've really had time for. But I hope to cook all the soup recipes considering my family has a "Soup Sunday" every week during the fall and winter. I'm just so happy to have this book. I will definitely be posting posts of the recipes I make and possibly a picture or two. Okay, well, that's all my ramble for the day. I just figured it was book related so I wanted to share! Have a nice night!

Book description: http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13747.Julie_and_Julia?ac=1
Movie description: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1135503/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1
Movie trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QviX5vwXMgM

No comments:

Post a Comment