Monday, August 26, 2013

It Just Didnt Cut It For Me...

     So, this is the post I have been waiting to do. These books have been really over talked about and thats why I bought them and read them. I read them to share what other people felt about these books but then didnt feel anything. Its okay that I didnt like them. I dont regret buying them or regret reading them. Yes, some of them wasted by time at parts, but I am going to keep them just in case I feel like reading them again and getting a different opinion about them. Certainly not anytime soon, but in the future. But, thats what I get for ASSuming these were good books..

* Me and Earl and The Dying Girl by Jesse Andrews
Goodreads rating: 3.67/5 stars
My rating: 2/5 stars
The only good part about this book was the humor. Other than that there was no story line and did not feel any emotions toward the characters.

* Looking For Alaska by John Green
Goodreads rating: 4.25/5 stars
My rating: 4/5 stars
I just kept reading it to get it over with. All they were doing was smoking and drinking and going to school. A lot of the characters were seriously annoying and I just wanted to put the book down. I kept reading it though and was not impressed. Totally a let down after reading TFIOS...

* Hold Still by Nina LaCour
Goodreads rating: 3.98/5 stars
My rating: 3/5 stars
I honestly dont know how to describe this book. But I kept reading it and it was so-so.

* Silver Linings Playbook by Matthew Quick
Goodreads rating: 4.02/5 stars
My rating: 1/5 stars
HOLY HELL. This book sucked balls. Everyone is like 4 or 5 stars and Im like "What..." It was SO boring. I havent seen the movie yet but I hope its way better than the book! There was no plot. His dad was an asshole, his mom was controlling and Tiffany was a freak until the ending of the book. The only people I liked was his brother and therapist. I will probably never read this book again...

There it is! It wasnt as many books as I realized. Maybe I will go back through my shelf and pick some more in the future. These are the main ones for now. Tell me what you think of these books!

No comments:

Post a Comment