Sunday, August 25, 2013

Book Review: Bloodlines by Richelle Mead

SYNOPSIS:

Blood doesn't lie...
Sydney is an alchemist, one of a group of humans who dabble in magic and serve to bridge the worlds of human and vampires. They protect vampire secrets - and human lives. When Sydney is torn from her bed in the middle of the night, at first she thinks she's still being punished for her complicated alliance with dhampir Rose Hathaway. But what unfolds is far worse. Jill Dragomir - the sister of Moroi Queen Lissa Dragomir - is in mortal danger, and the Moroi must send her into hiding. To avoid a civil war, Sydney is called upon to act as Jill's guardian and protector, posing as her roommate in the last place anyone would think to look for vampire royalty - a human boarding school in Palm Springs, California. But instead of finding safety at Amberwood Prep, Sydney discovers the drama is only just beginning...

MY REVIEW:
Ohmygosh. This book sucked butt. I only made it to book 5 in The Vampire Academy series and wanted to continue it until I finished them so I picked this book up and caved into the withdraws I was having. Yeah, not impressed. It was JUST like VA! It was someone in the group they had going that was the murderer or whoever was doing the mysterious things. Like, there was nothing original about this storyline! And I hate how Jill acted snotty the whole book and how everyone else was just a douche to Sydney. She totally bitched them out at a part but other times, she just took it. Dear God girl, stand up for yourself! I just didnt fall in love with the characters or get to know them on a personal level at all. The only person I liked out of this whole book was Adrian! And on the back of the book it says there is romance that will get in the way of whatever it is she has to do there. THERE WAS NO ROMANCE! This book took me a week to read and not just because I also read another book. I just didnt want to read this book at times and it was just boring at times. The ending might have forced some other people to go out and buy the next two books but not me. I was just glad it was over. I finished it, closed it and practically threw it back on my shelf. If you liked the Vampire Academy, read something other than this series to fill your vampire withdraws. I love the Vampire Academy but hated this one. Ended up giving this book a 3/5. Ick.

No comments:

Post a Comment