Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Book Review: Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom

SYNOPSIS:
Maybe it was a grandparent, or a teacher or a colleague. Someone older, patient and wise, who understood you when you were young and searching, and gave you sound advice to help you make your way through it. For Mitch Albom, that person was Morrie Schwartz, his college professor from nearly 20 years ago. Maybe, like Mitch, you lost track of this mentor as you made your way, and the insights faded. Wouldn't you like to see that person again, ask the bigger questions that still haunt you? Mitch Albom had that second chance. He rediscovered Morrie in the last months of the older man's life. Knowing he was dying of ALS - or motor neurone disease - Morrie visited Mitch in his study every Tuesday, just as they used to back in college. Their rekindled relationship turned into one final class: lessons in how to live. This is a chronicle of their time together, through which Mitch shares Morrie's lasting gift with the world.


MY REVIEW:
Well, even though its been a month or so since I read this, I can tell you this is one of my favorite books this year! Or ever.... This book was so inspirational and made me feel the feels. ALL of them. I started this book in December of 2013 and figured since it was short Id finish it. It took me only a couple days to finish it. I got so attached to Mitch and Morrie and ugh, this book. I just loved it.  My heart started hurting when Morrie was getting really bad and I just couldn't help but sympathize with his wife and everyone around him. He didn't want anyone to pity him because everyone dies and he knew he was going to die. All the advice he gave to Mitch was just so inspirational and I just wanted to write it all down. I did dog ear all the pages and quotes I felt needed to be remembered. I just want to re read the book already. There isn't a lot I have to say about this book just because it was so good and I didn't find anything wrong with it. I definitely recommend this book! 

No comments:

Post a Comment