Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Book Review: Phantom Summer by Amy Sparling

SYNOPSIS:
Seventeen-year-old Taylor Gray moves to Sterling Island to get over her dead boyfriend. Mom’s cool with letting her crash on the couch, but Taylor needs to get a job before the lights are cut off again.
When the tall, dark and crazy Raine Tsunami offers her a position at his thriving ghost tour business, she figures it’s an easy way to make some cash. Taylor isn’t afraid of ghosts--that crap is as fake as her mom’s boob job. She loves their adventures on the historic island, especially the secret places he shows her when the crowds go home. So what if all the ghost stories are just legends?
When Taylor comes face to face with a ghost and Raine crosses the line between friend and boyfriend--Taylor’s new life collides with her haunted past. If murdered people end up as ghosts, then that someone she was trying to forget is probably watching her.


MY REVIEW:
 Man, this book had so much potential! I was really intrigued with the story line and thought it was going to get a whole lot better. Yeah, I was wrong. I got this book for free and Ive had it for a while for I decided to just read it already. I was really interested in the beginning of it so I continued on with the story. I didn't really like the main character and thought she kept putting herself down. Almost like a pity party for her...even though shes not the one that's dead... Umm, hello? First, its not your fault. Its your friends fault for driving off with this girlfriend for even kissing you in the first place and second, I'm not going to pity you. Sure, its sucks you're best friend died and its sad, but I'm going to be sad for him, not you. Besides the dumb main character Taylor, I fell in love with Raine from the very start. Hes so unique. I feel like I didn't get to know him enough though. Everything just happened at the end so fast and it was stuff that could have gone in the middle and then continued on with a different plot. I didn't fall in love with the characters and the story line was totally wacky. I gave this book 2/5 stars because I liked the concept, it just didn't play out well. Oh, and Raine. *swoon* 

No comments:

Post a Comment