Sunday, April 20, 2014

Book Review: Now and Then by Brenda Rothert

SYNOPSIS:
Now Emmaline Carson is a sharp, settled graphic designer who loves painting, cooking and girls’ night out with her older sister Layla. But then – in the years before she went to art school in Paris – she was a shy, awkward teenager with frizzy hair, a flat chest and a massive crush on the boy across the street, Cole Marlowe. Too bad her incredibly hot neighbor only had eyes for Layla.
Cole is now a confident, laid-back attorney who’s even hotter than he used to be. He’s planning to stay single while working his way up the corporate ladder – until he’s knocked off course by a chance run-in with Emma.
Everything is different between Cole and Emma now. He finally sees her in a way she only dreamed of, and their hot chemistry is fueled by a growing friendship. But Emma’s deception of her sister – who wants Cole for herself – and the secret Cole’s been keeping for more than a decade threaten to tear apart what’s only just begun. Because sometimes the only thing standing in the way of now is then.

MY REVIEW:
I really liked this book! I got it for free so I figured it would be crappy, but I got a good one here! Its was written in third person and I don't really enjoy that, but it was portrayed very nicely in this book! I loved the main character Emma. I feel like I was like her and could connect to her easily. I didn't like her sister. I thought she was totally mean and rotten and disrespectful. She kept bringing Emma down and that was part of the reason I didn't give this book a 5/5 stars. I really liked Cole too. I just didn't like him in the 'Then' parts when he didn't even notice Emma. I liked how their relationship didn't move too fast. I didn't like their fights though. It was off and on and it was about the past. I understand why Emma didn't really trust that he would stay considering he was a jerk back then, but after a while it was clear he wanted her not her annoying ass sister. I liked this book, but not sure if I want to continue it considering the next book is about her sister finding love. Bleh. Shes mean. But I rated this book a 4/5 stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment