Sunday, April 20, 2014

Book Review: Forever & Always by Jasinda Wilder

SYNOPSIS:
Ever,
These letters are often all that get me through week to week. Even if it’s just random stuff, nothing important, they’re important to me. Gramps is great, and I love working on the ranch. But…I’m lonely. I feel disconnected, like I’m no one, like I don’t belong anywhere. Like I’m just here until something else happens. I don’t even know what I want with my future. But your letters, they make me feel connected to something, to someone. I had a crush on you, when we first met. I thought you were beautiful. So beautiful. It was hard to think of anything else. Then camp ended and we never got together, and now all I have of you is these letters. S**t. I just told you I have a crush on you. HAD. Had a crush. Not sure what is anymore. A letter-crush? A literary love? That’s stupid. Sorry. I just have this rule with myself that I never throw away what I write and I always send it, so hopefully this doesn’t weird you out too much. I had a dream about you too. Same kind of thing. Us, in the darkness, together. Just us. And it was like you said, a memory turned into a dream, but a memory of something that’s never happened, but in the dream it felt so real, and it was more, I don’t even know, more RIGHT than anything I’ve ever felt, in life or in dreams. I wonder what it means that we both had the same dream about each other. Maybe nothing, maybe everything. You tell me.
Cade

MY REVIEW:
Wow. This book blew my mind away. I loved it. It is easily one of my favorites for the year! I loved the start to this book. It totally was cute contemporary at the lake and all fun at art camp. But then when they go home, it just goes down hill from there. The story turns dark and gets more into adult. It was so much fun to see Ever and Caden grow up throughout the years and how time flew for them. I was literally heartbroken through all of Caden's story. He honestly had the shittiest hand dealt to him and it was so sad. Ever grew up a lot too. I think she was really mature because she was forced to raise herself because her dad was so closed off. I love how even though they were busy with their own lives, they still wrote to each other. Even if it was just one letter a month. And then when Caden actually goes to get her! AHH! I was like no, this isn't really happening and then he was actually there! AHH! I'm just telling you now, the whole second half of the book is sex. They are constantly together and never split apart. And the ending was okay. It reminded me of Point of Retreat by Colleen Hoover a little bit. Just the car accident part. And then when the doctor said Ever was pregnant! BLOODY HELL. This book is fantastically written. Even though I loved this book, I will NOT be continuing on with the series. I read a spoiler considering I wont get the other books for a while and I don't like whats going to happen. It was a cute first book though and I recommend it! I obviously rated it a 5/5 stars! 

No comments:

Post a Comment