Sunday, April 13, 2014

Book Review: Bruiser by Neal Shusterman

SYNOPSIS:
"There’s a reason why Brewster can’t have friends – why he can’t care about too many people. Because when he cares about you, things start to happen. Impossible things that can’t be explained. I know, because they're happening to me."

When Brontë starts dating Brewster “Bruiser” Rawlins – the guy voted “Most Likely to Get the Death Penalty” her twin brother, Tennyson, isn’t surprised. But then strange things begin to occur. Tennyson and Brontë’s scrapes heal unnaturally fast, and cuts disappear before their eyes. What at first seems like their good fortune turns out to be more than they bargained for…much more.



MY REVIEW:
I went into this book not knowing a lot about it. It turned into a good idea!  I was intrigued right from the beginning. I liked Tennyson because of his personality and his wit. I really thought it was just going to be his perspective, but it was everyone's point of view. I liked that part of the book but then I didn't. I liked that we got a glimpse of everyone's situation but then, I didn't feel connected to the characters like I should have. The book had a good concept, I just feel like not a lot happened. It was also hard to read through the abusing parts. And let me just tell you, I HATED his uncle. I was glad he died. He was a definite piece of shit. I felt bad for Brewster throughout the whole book. It was heartbreaking to read this book to be honest. Don't let that stop you from reading it though.... The ending kept me on the edge of my seat though! I didn't know what was going to happen to Brewster or Bronte. I also felt that Tennyson kind of went a little nuts, but hey, he got better. I overall liked this book and would definitely pick up another Neal Shusterman book! I rated this book a 3/5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment