Saturday, March 22, 2014

Book Review: My Life In Black And White by Natsaha Friend

SYNOPSIS:
What if you lost the thing that made you who you are?
Lexi has always been stunning. Her butter-colored hair and perfect features have helped her attract friends, a boyfriend, and the attention of a modeling scout. But everything changes the night Lexi's face goes through a windshield. Now she's not sure what's worse: the scars she'll have to live with forever, or what she saw going on between her best friend and her boyfriend right before the accident. With the help of her trombone-playing, defiantly uncool older sister and a guy at school recovering from his own recent trauma, Lexi learns she's much more than just a pretty face.


MY REVIEW:
This book has been sitting on my shelf for a long time to be read and no wonder I was putting it off. This book made me so mad. So, from reading the synopsis, you would think because something terrible happened to her you would have sympathy for her. NOPE. I had sympathy for her the first 10 pages after the accident. After that, she wanted everyone to feel bad for her and gather around and have a pity party. Ehhh, and that's where the story lost me. Lexi was totally mean to her sister and I am so glad Ruthie told her off! That was probably the best part of the book. I was cheering Ruthie on! I also didn't understand how Theo actually liked her. Oh, and ALL her friends were totally bitches. This book just made me so mad throughout the whole thing. I would have given only 1 star, I gave it two out of five stars because Ruthie gets one all by herself. She didn't put up with anyone's shit. I feel like I relate to her... Anyway, yeah, I didn't like the overall plot to the book, the characters or the dialogue. I also felt the ending was really rushed, so you didn't get a full depth explanation of how things happened. Bleh, I wouldn't recommend this book. Obviously only to people who are looking for someone who are selfish and stuck up.

No comments:

Post a Comment