Friday, March 14, 2014

Book Review: Angelfall by Susan Ee

SYNOPSIS:
It's been six weeks since angels of the apocalypse descended to demolish the modern world. Street gangs rule the day while fear and superstition rule the night. When warrior angels fly away with a helpless little girl, her seventeen-year-old sister Penryn will do anything to get her back.
Anything, including making a deal with an enemy angel.
Raffe is a warrior who lies broken and wingless on the street. After eons of fighting his own battles, he finds himself being rescued from a desperate situation by a half-starved teenage girl.
Traveling through a dark and twisted Northern California, they have only each other to rely on for survival. Together, they journey toward the angels' stronghold in San Francisco where she'll risk everything to rescue her sister and he'll put himself at the mercy of his greatest enemies for the chance to be made whole again.

Recommended for ages 16 and up.


MY REVIEW:
THIS BOOK IS FUCKING FANTASTIC. I didn't want to have high hopes going into this because well, I never have high hopes considering I don't want to assume its good. But oh my goodness. This book. I hadn't read a fantasy/dystopian in a long time so I was totally ready for this book. It was action packed by like the fifth page! I couldn't stop reading it. I loved the main character, Penryn. She was a total bad ass. She fought hard for her sister and didn't take any shit from anybody. Especially the other main character, Raffe. They are the best killing partners EVER. If I were to fight with one of them, that would be fantastic. And their sexual tension, let me tell you... Okay, I wont because I don't want to spoil you but A++.  And, I usually don't go for angel books, but this one hit the mark. The ending was fantastic and I need the second one ASAP. I recommend for anyone who loves fantasy or dystopian and kick ass characters!

No comments:

Post a Comment