Sunday, February 9, 2014

Book Review: Attachments by Rainbow Rowell

SYNOPSIS:
"Hi, I'm the guy who reads your e-mail, and also, I love you . . . "
Beth Fremont and Jennifer Scribner-Snyder know that somebody is monitoring their work e-mail. (Everybody in the newsroom knows. It's company policy.) But they can't quite bring themselves to take it seriously. They go on sending each other endless and endlessly hilarious e-mails, discussing every aspect of their personal lives.
Meanwhile, Lincoln O'Neill can't believe this is his job now- reading other people's e-mail. When he applied to be "internet security officer," he pictured himself building firewalls and crushing hackers- not writing up a report every time a sports reporter forwards a dirty joke.
When Lincoln comes across Beth's and Jennifer's messages, he knows he should turn them in. But he can't help being entertained-and captivated-by their stories.
By the time Lincoln realizes he's falling for Beth, it's way too late to introduce himself.

What would he say . . . ?

MY REVIEW: 
Well, this book was sure as hell not like any other book Ive ever read. This was my first Rainbow Rowell  book and I quite enjoyed it. (Fangirl is on its way in the mail...) I loved this book from the start. I loved Beth and Jennifer's quirky attitudes and e-mails. I really loved Jennifer, I feel like shes an older me. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bag thing... I read thing in one day and just couldn't put it down. Even at boring parts, I just needed to be reading it. I didn't like Lincoln's mother until the very end. She was just really controlling and he didn't even stick up for himself. Hes freaking 28 years old. He shouldn't put up with his mother's BS. I also hated Chris, Beth's boyfriend. How he acted at the wedding and told her he would never marry her. I would have hit him at least 10 times. And threw his guitar out the window. I was getting bored with just waiting for them to meet, but I figured this is what could happen in real life. I am always comparing the book to reality. If it could really happen in real life or not. And even though it dragged on, it was real. I could totally picture myself falling for a boy for his looks. Even though you don't know a lot about him. I also didn't like how it took nine months for them to meet after he quit. I was sooooo waiting for him to not quit and go to her cubicle. I just loved this book. I cant wait to read more Rainbow Rowell. Overall rating 4/5 stars. 

No comments:

Post a Comment