Sunday, September 15, 2013

Book Review: The Fault In Our Stars by John Green

SYNOPSIS:
Despite the tumor-shrinking medical miracle that has bought her a few years, Hazel has never been anything but terminal, her final chapter inscribed upon diagnosis. But when a gorgeous plot twist named Augustus Waters suddenly appears at Cancer Kid Support Group, Hazel's story is about to be completely rewritten.

MY REVIEW:
I have never read a book I liked so much until this one. I first read it a little over a year ago and couldn't put it down. So, a couple of weeks ago before school started back up this year, I picked it up and read it again. I love re-reading books because I get to go through the whole story again and feel what the characters feel and that makes me happy. I just love Hazel's attitude toward her diagnosis. She doesn't want people to pity her or give her special treatments because she knows shes going to die. Its sad, but its true. Then she meets Augustus Waters. She gets to know him and really starts to like him. They spend a lot of time together. Re-reading this, I actually understood some of the things I didn't understand the first time I read this. It was a huge relief! I like how their relationship develops and love everything they go through together. Their conversations just made me laugh and cry all at the same time. Yes, I did cry in this book. A lot. Like the last 60 pages.... But I'm pretty sure everyone else who read this did too! I just love love love this book all together and will probably end up reading it again and again in the future. Definitely rated this a 10/5 stars! 

No comments:

Post a Comment