Sunday, April 13, 2014

Book Review: Come Away With Me by Kristen Proby

SYNOPSIS:
Being confronted on the beach by a sexy stranger wasn't part of Natalie Conner's plans for a peaceful morning taking photos. And why on earth would he think she's taking pictures of him, anyway? Who is he? One thing’s for sure, he’s hot, and incredibly romantic, feeding Natalie’s wounded soul.
Luke Williams just wants the world to give him a break, so seeing yet another camera aimed at his face has him ready to pounce on the beauty behind the lens. When he finds out she has no idea who he is, he's intrigued and more than a little tempted by her. Natalie has a body made for sex, a sassy mouth and Luke can’t get enough of her, but he’s not ready to tell her who he really his.
Natalie is a no nonsense girl who doesn’t do well with lies and secrets. What will happen to this new relationship when she discovers what Luke’s hiding?


MY REVIEW:
I was browsing on Kindle books  and found this one was for free and had good ratings on Goodreads so I picked it up. And surprisingly for free, it was good! I read this book in two days. I didn't want to put it down. I liked the characters and felt connected with Nat and Luke. I liked the story line (even thought not much happened) and just thought this was a fun book. Now to the dislikes.... Although I did like the story, I just felt they got along wayyyyy too fast in the beginning of the story. And then they go out together. WHAT! You just met and you are complete strangers. And when Natalie was doing one of her photo shoots and Luke got jealous because she was with a guy. And then he says she needs to get permission before she does another shoot with him? HELL NO. And then she goes with it. I would have told him I do what I want when I want. Also, I just thought they fought over the dumbest things. Yeah, I would get mad if he didn't tell me if was a celebrity, but other than that, it was just jealousy shit. DUMB. And don't even get me started on how spoiled rotten she was. Yeah its cute to get a coffee or something little here and there, but he got her wayyy too much. Like, dude, shes got her own money to buy her own stuff. The ending was okay. I totally saw the pregnancy thing coming. IT ALWAYS HAPPENS. I liked the book but there were some technical difficulties. I rated it a 3.5 stars.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment