Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Book Review: Slammed (#1) by Colleen Hoover

SYNOPSIS:
Following the unexpected death of her father, 18-year-old Layken is forced to be the rock for both her mother and younger brother. Outwardly, she appears resilient and tenacious, but inwardly, she's losing hope.
Enter Will Cooper: The attractive, 21-year-old new neighbor with an intriguing passion for slam poetry and a unique sense of humor. Within days of their introduction, Will and Layken form an intense emotional connection, leaving Layken with a renewed sense of hope.
Not long after an intense, heart-stopping first date, they are slammed to the core when a shocking revelation forces their new relationship to a sudden halt. Daily interactions become impossibly painful as they struggle to find a balance between the feelings that pull them together, and the secret that keeps them apart.

MY REVIEW: 
Well I definitely LOVED THIS BOOK! I gave it a 5/5 stars. I know Ive been saying this about a lot of the books Ive been reading lately  but they are all so good! I loved the characters, the story line, and how cheesy the romance is! But one thing is for sure-I didnt like how they werent together throughout his teaching at her school! But that they made little passes at each other, still talked and how he stuck up for her outside of CLUB N9NE. I have never read a book like this one before. I mean with the poetry and slams. I love how he always tell her how he feels through his slams too. Definitely a re-read! If you like any other Colleen Hoover's books, read this one! 

No comments:

Post a Comment