Sunday, May 19, 2013

Book Review: Along For The Ride by Sarah Dessen

SYNOPSIS:
     It’s been so long since Auden slept at night. Ever since her parents’ divorce—or since the fighting started. Now she has the chance to spend a carefree summer with her dad and his new family in the charming beach town where they live.

    A job in a clothes boutique introduces Auden to the world of girls: their talk, their friendship, their crushes. She missed out on all that, too busy being the perfect daughter to her demanding mother. Then she meets Eli, an intriguing loner and a fellow insomniac who becomes her guide to the nocturnal world of the town. Together they embark on parallel quests: for Auden, to experience the carefree teenage life she’s been denied; for Eli, to come to terms with the guilt he feels for the death of a friend.


MY REVIEW:
I gave this book a 4/5 Stars. Sarah Dessen is always up and down with me. The first book I read of hers was That Summer and I gave that a 3/5 and the next one I read was 5/5 and then there is this one. This book was okay. Nothing exceptional but not boring. I liked the parts where she got to see Eli and how she hung out with him almost every night. The beginning of this book took a while to get into, the middle was okay, and then the end was hard to get through. I did not like her parents through the book and enjoyed her stepmom, Heidi. I also did not like how she spent a lot of time apart from Eli. And then he just all of a sudden comes back at the end. I did like Eli, and her friends and how Auden became more friendly around people throughout the summer. I did enjoy this book and would recommend it if you werent into fast-paced books. This was a slow book, but I did like it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment